Pages

Wednesday 8 October 2014

Wednesday Inspiration

Today being my first day off this week, I've have been locked in my bedroom, researching and looking for inspiration for future photo shoots and the new project briefs I have been set at college over the past week.

I have ended up on a photographers website and Facebook page that I have been following for about a year now on Instagram and I love her work so much that I wanted to share it with everyone! She is honestly amazing and I am so inspired by her photography.


Bonnie Cee


Bonnie is a fashion photographer from Brisbane, Australia. She works mainly for Black Milk Clothing, photographing for their fashion line, but also works on her own personal projects too. 
Or follow her on Instagram: @bonniecee

Here are a collection of my favourite photographs of hers:


This a photograph from a Black Milk Clothing collection, the theme was Harry Potter. I love the colours of the image, the contrast between the darks and then the light reflections of the water behind the model. The depth of field is also so effective, it gives a magical effect which is perfect for the theme of the photograph.


I think this is a photo from one of Bonnie's personal collections. Living in Australia, she is so lucky to be able to photograph at the beach whenever she likes. I love the composition of the photo, the peacefulness of the beach and the sea, but then the comparison between the buildings on the hill. The horizon is in the perfect place so that it doesn't interfere with the model. The blandness of the colours in this photo work so well, it pulls everything together so that there isn't just one subject standing out against the rest. 


Seeing as Halloween is fast approaching us, I thought it was only right to include a grungy graveyard shot. I love the location, it is so eerie even against the perfect blue sky. The clothing is perfect for the setting of the shoot, I definitely want to try out my own graveyard shoot in time for Halloween this year!


Not all fashion locations have to be the typical ''pretty'' place to take photographs in. I like the fact that in this image, the background is just an average street. The depth of field is shallow enough that we can make out what it is but it isn't distracting. Also because the model is in the middle of the shot, it means that the two parallel leading lines either side of her, draw our eye straight to the subject which is 100% the most important thing for a fashion shot.


The headpiece in this photograph is absolutely incredible! I love it and want to make my own for a shoot. (Shame that I'm the least creative person in the world.) The pop of colours from the yellow and purple flowers really compliment the skin of the model, I like how Bonnie has only captured the head and shoulders. It means that we are not distracting by the location, we can just see the blurred fields and trees. This is a great setting for this kind of shoot, it compares with the flowers and also works effectively with the colours. 

These are the only photographs that I'm going to post because I'm finding it pretty much impossible to pick only a few favourites because they are all so amazing. 
If you are interested to see more of Bonnie's work then just follow her on Instagram or like her Facebook page and all of her most recent stuff is on there. 

I hope you enjoy her photography just as much as I do  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik