Pages

Wednesday 31 December 2014

Calling all book worms

For Christmas this year, I received a few photography books as presents & I'm so excited to have some time to sit down and read them.
I haven't had chance to read any of them yet so this isn't a review blog post or anything like that, it's just a post to tell you which ones I'm excited about :-)



Tim Walker - Storyteller

The first book I got was Tim Walker's Storyteller. I absolutely love this book!! I went to see the exhibition whilst studying my A levels and it was amazing. I find it so inspiring to flick through and get some ideas for future shoots of my own. It's such a heavy book but worth it for all the amazing imagery inside! The main intentions for the book were to recreate fairytales and children's tales in the fashion world. It is incredible & a must read for every budding photographer out there!!


Lonely Planet's Best Ever Photography Tips 


This is my favourite just because of the amazing front cover that looks like a camera!! This book is all about techniques and tips to help you when photography mainly location & travel pictures. This is something I am really interested in as a hobby and I haven't had as much time as I would like to flick through it yet but it looks really interesting. There are also some fantastic photographs in there too! Anyone who is looking to travel or take some travel images even when just on holiday then I would recommend this. :) 
Unseen Vogue - The Secret History of Fashion Photography


I can't wait to start reading this book! The photographs in there are so amazing & have given me some amazing ideas for my own future shoots. It's really interesting to see some examples of photographs that never made it into Vogue because of the composition or exposure, & it proves just how tough the fashion industry really is. Really interesting and a must read for anyone who loves fashion or portrait photography. 

Thats all for now, I will review these books and write a blog post when I have read them all.

Check them out on Amazon if you are interested in buying a copy :) www.amazon.co.uk

Wishing everyone a happy new year :) 


2 comments:

  1. i am so jealous of that tim walker book. i absolutely LOVE his work, i can only imagine how amazing the book is! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/12/my-new-years-resolution.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an amazing book! Deffo worth the money :) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik