Pages

Wednesday 17 December 2014

Smoke Trails

This week, my experimentation task at college was to photograph smoke trails. Ideally, doing this in a studio set up with proper lights and a back drop would work best, however I didn't have the time to book up the studio at college so I made my own set up at home.

I used two incense sticks (to make sure the smoke was thick), a black bed sheet for a background, my flashgun & a torch to light the smoke. It took a while to start to get some shots that I was happy with but after a lot of patience and trial & error, I got some final shots that I'm really pleased with. My camera settings for these were: ISO 100, 1/200 (Some 1/160) and f 6.5. I also had my camera on manual focus so that it was easier to focus on the smoke.

In Photoshop I changed the colours of the smoke to make them look more interesting & stand out against the black. Here are my favourites :-)








No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik