Pages

Wednesday 10 December 2014

Splash Photography

Last week, I was set a task to experiment with splash photography. I researched various techniques and watched tutorials and although I thought it looked challenging, I was ready and willing to give it a go! However, I had no idea just how hard it would be !!!

You can take around 20 shots and only one will be any good. It takes lots of patience and I found it easy with another pair of hands to help, so they can drop the object into the liquid to create the splash & you can focus mainly on your camera.

Here are the various stages of my first trial:



The first few shots are taken with a soft bauble from the Christmas tree but the decoration wasn't heavy enough to create a big enough splash.



Then I tried a pebble from outside in the garden, this fell too quickly and was hard to photograph. I then tried a shell decoration but that was too light.




The best object that I used to crete a big splash was a frozen raspberry. It seemed to be a perfect size and weight for the splash I was trying to achieve. Although some of them are blurred, I am happy enough with them for a first attempt.


I also tried out using milk, I didn't think it worked aswell because you can't see the bubbles like you can in the water or the raspberry. 

I am not a massive fan of photographing still life however it was good practice and interesting to try out something new that I hadn't done before.

Don't forget to follow me on twitter if you haven't already & I will follow back :)
@danniellehphoto 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik